8.06.2009

Spiders and Trees

I have had the pleasure of watching two of the sweetest boys you'd ever meet grow up. I have been babysitting them for the past few years and they have just shot up like weeds. When I started babysitting them the youngest, Conner, was 3 and the oldest, Dawson, was 6. Now Conner is 6 and Dawson is 9. Wow, how time flies. Anyways, here lately I have been keeping them a lot because their restaurant has been short staffed. Which gives me an excuse to get to play with them again. The past weekends have been filled with lots of adventures, from spiders to trees.

One weekend as I was pulling down the driveway to take them home, I spotted a huge web in my yard. So we had to inspect, and sure enough in the middle was a nice sized spider. By the looks on their faces the boys weren't too excited to see that spider, but they thought it was neat none the less. We were all so nervous being so close to that creepy crawly thing, that as soon as it realized we really did notice him there, and darted up the web into the nearby tree, we all ran like mad to get back in the car. It was funny turning around in the car to see their ghost-like faces, just to die out laughing that we just ran from a thing that was not even on percent of our size. Another weekend had the boys learning to climb trees. You'd think living in the hills surrounded by woods they'd at least climbed a tree here or there, but since most their trees are massive pine trees with all their branches high up top, these boys had never climbed a tree. What a shame. Since I have a nice sized magnolia tree in my front yard, we saw prime "tree-estate" ready for the climbing. Needless to say, when time came for dinner, they were asking "can we please go climb the tree after dinner. Ahhh fun times, just to be a kid again.


We will have to see what adventures we can get into this coming weekend.

No comments: