11.20.2009

Most Loved Dogs!

I love dogs! Growing up I had many of dogs come and go. We lived out in the country so we had strays just come and join the family all the time, but we had one dog Little Bit, a dachsund. She was around from the time I was four until I was a freshman in college. My dad then brought home a Jack Russel that we named Penny, since her head was copper and our last name was Pentecost. He later brought home Elroy, a Jack Russel/Feist mix. They fell in love and had puppies. This was about the time I was to go off to the big University and get an apartment.
Enter Gracie. The cutest of the cutest puppies I had ever seen. These pictures don't do them justice, but Jack Russel puppies are some of the cutest puppies ever! She stole my heart, so I saved up enough money to pay the pet deposit and took her to live with me in Oxford. Never had I understood the attachment people had to their dogs until now. I took her everywhere which include to and from my home town most every weekend. She was the apple of my eye. This being a hard time in my life with not only being my first year in a large University, but I had gall stones which the doctors thought was ulcers for months into the school year. She was my comfort. She was so smart and newnumerous tricks, even how to fetch in the lake like a Labrador. So that year we went home for the summer, just in time to see her mom have more puppies. I was so excited to see another girl puppy with almost the same eye patch but brown. Not long after the puppies were born, just before my birthday, and day before my trip to the beach, I got a call from home that I need to come straight home after work. For some reason I knew that something was wrong with Gracie.
So that year we went home for the summer, just in time to see her mom have more puppies. I was so excited to see another girl puppy with almost the same eye patch but brown. Not long after the puppies were born, just before my birthday, and day before my trip to the beach, I got a call from home that I need to come straight home after work. For some reason I knew that something was wrong with Gracie. It was hard for me to bear, but she was gone not a year from when I took her as my own. I was heart broken, but after my trip to the beach and a little time with the puppies my heart was settled.
Enter Greenlee. Named for my favorite color, GREEN of course. She was just as smart and cute as Gracie was. I was attached again, and when school started back she tagged along. She was just what I needed, since I was to go to school this year minus my fiancee, who then was attending school 2 hours away. She went every where with me for the next 2 years of college. And when Dustin and I was married, she packed up her stuff and moved in with him as I did. We lived in the country with Dustin and his rottweiler Rocky. If these two dogs weren't enough, we adopted a dog from a friend and supervisor of mine. He was a spunky sort and named by the color of his fur.
Red! Hey, why not? We already had a dog Named GREEN-lee, why not call him RED. He gave Greenlee a run for her money on the attention, but when we moved closer to town, they be came backyard mates. They have been buddies ever since. Dustin's rottweiler disappeared sometime right after Red came along, so he took up with Red. Red proved to be a great tracking dog.
And that is the story of our dogs. If they weren't great dogs enough, they both take beautiful pictures

No comments: