4.22.2010

Kitchen Remodel

I haven't been posting much this year because I have been swamped with work. Work work, house work, second job work, church work, and trying to make time for me time. The going going going is really weighing on my energy these days. I reached 36 pounds lost, but have been staying at that for the past couple of weeks because I have no energy. Back to the work discussion. We really have been working to get our house the way I want it, so that when a kid comes along, we won't be stuck where we are with the house. So I am ready to start revealing our home improvements. We have worked in both the master and guest baths, updated furniture and curtains in the living room, and revamped our kitchen. I am going to start today showing you our kitchen remodel.

If you will recall our outdated kitchen complete with old off white appliances, sheet linoleum flooring, and floor to ceiling stripped wallpaper.


We thought about removing the wallpaper, but unfortunately, well fortunately for the amount of work that lessened, there was a couple of layers of wallpaper on top of paneling that was spackled smooth. So we found a solution to painting over wallpaper, prime twice, sand seems, paint. Once we had our new appliances, we first tackled the floor, well my husband did. Then we painted out the cabinets, painted the walls, and nailed up bead board for the back splash, the cheapest easiest to install solution I found. So without anymore delay....


.....I present........




.... our new kitchen....





Complete with my favorite color GREEN, walls, black cabinets, bead board back splash, freshly tiled ceramic floors, and brand new stainless steel appliances. Our countertops look more in style now with the black contrast. I even watched a show on HGTV the other day that said that these type countertops were back in style. My budget and design are happy. :)
Shall I reveal our living area, our master bath, or our guest bath next week? Hmm... I have a decision to make.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love it!! You have a great eye for color and contrast. Love the black and green and your countertops look great! I would love to do a LOT of our house over. The line up includes finishing up master bath (just a couple of things to do), put the boys' bath back together (it is gutted and has been for over two years now!), remodel the girls bath then finish our big building outside which will be Jeff's office, recording studio, two guest rooms, bathroom, storage rooms and workroom, put in new floors in the house, cover wood walls with sheet rock AND add on another bedroom, bathroom, schoolroom, kitchen and outdoor kitchen. Little by little, step by step!!

Unknown said...

Great work done with creative ideas. It prove useful for all those who are planning to remodel. looking wonderful.

kitchen remodeler in hamilton