10.13.2013

Dean's Having a Ball 2nd Birthday

Dean's favorite word as a one year old was "Ball". Every time he saw one, he'd repeat "ball" over and over. That is why his second birthday party theme was "Having a Ball." And we did! He invited friends from daycare this year, and many showed up. This party was easy, we scattered all sizes of blow up beach balls and used his summertime pool as a ball pit. The kids loved it! I made the cake from the wilton sports ball cake pan, and I used pretzel m&ms to top the cupcakes. All food was ball related, including a cheese ball, sausage balls, and cheese puff balls. I got the green ones from Target, made for Halloween. (Note: Keep cheese puffs in container until the last minute. I put mine in the cupcake wrappers an couple of hours early, and they got a tad stale. Good thing I had extras!)

Here is the board I used to collect ideas in my planning process. Some I used; some I didn't.

No comments: