5.03.2010

Guest Bathroom Remodel

We finished our kitchen in time for Bunco, but I still had one room left I really wanted to completely redo. That was the guest bath. With three weeks between Bunco and Easter, I pressured my sweat hubby into getting the guest bath complete so we could host Easter this year. My plan worked. He loves hosting get-togethers, so he got our tub refinished, the tile down, the old fixtures out, and the new fixtures in, with my help of course, in three weeks! I painted of course. :) So if you don't remember what our bathroom looked like before here is a reminder.
Our bathroom was complete with pink toilet, pink tub, and pink wall mounted sink that was enhanced by the exposed plumbing underneath. We were also blessed with yellowish linoleum flooring and again floor to ceiling wallpaper which was blue with pink flowers. When I decided that I would start to tackle this bathroom, I thought to myself, "I wonder how hard it is going to be to take down that wallpaper." So, as I was thinking this, I snuk to the bathroom, and grabbed a piece and yanked it. The entire piece came off in one pull, and I had the bathroom wallpaper free in 30 minutes. That really got me rolling, and this is the final product.
We got rid of all the pink, and replaced the toilet and added a black vanity with white marble top and brushed nickel accents. We added porcelain tile floors and painted the walls. We added a new vanity light fixture, but by compromise only did the large mirror stay. I am thinking about framing it out with a ledge like a window, painted out black. I love it. It feels spa-like, yet it could be changed with a new shower curtain and accents to be a kid's bathroom, which it is getting closer to being since I am so close to having the house the way I want it. :)

Sorry no tub shots yet, we still have to put back the fixtures. :)

No comments: