9.22.2009

Facelift

I so desperately want to expand my living room area, I also in the future want to change the front look of my house. The front is so plain. Right now we have a inset porch that takes away our living area, so I would like to close it in and have that area for our living room. Then I want to add a porch with that adding to the roof line. In doing so I can either do siding under the porch or try to reuse the brick somehow. I also want to change out the windows one day, and paint the shutters black. Another option that I like would be to white wash the brick.

This is my house now...

And this is my house after photoshopping a porch in.

I like this porch because it is like most houses of the period of my house, but it has a different face to it making it look up-to-date. The options shown here include, with and without siding and with or without white washing. I know I won't be doing this anytime soon, but I like to know what I want in my house. That way I have something to look forward to, and to plan and save for.

1 comment:

Mallie said...

I like the one that is white washed without siding.